Hi everyone! We’re a little less than two weeks away from Christmas. And to be quite honest, I haven’t been in the holiday spirit at all. Lately, I’ve been having a tough time being away from my family. California is now on lockdown 2.0. So I don’t know when I’ll be able to see them again. Luckily, I have my boyfriend by my side. Through all of this, he’s been very supportive. To get me back into the festive mood, I needed a break from blogging and social media. During that digital detox, I stayed in bed and binged on some of my favorite holiday movies. If you’re feeling down this season, here are 37 Christmas movies to watch and spread holiday cheer.
37 Christmas Movies to Watch and Spread Holiday Cheer
- A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- A Christmas Carol.
- A Christmas Story.
- A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas.
- About a Boy.
- Batman Returns. (According to Rotten Tomatoes, it is indeed a Christmas film.)
- Die Hard. (There’s a long-running debate about whether or not Die Hard is a Christmas movie. But I say yes, it is a Christmas movie. Except it hit theaters in July.)
- Disney’s A Christmas Carol.
- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch.
- Edward Scissorhands.
- Eloise at Christmastime.
- Four Christmases.
- Frosty the Snowman.
- Home Alone.
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas.
- It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Jingle All the Way.
- Just Friends.
- Last Holiday.
- Love Actually.
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas.
- Miracle on 34th Street.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Polar Express.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town.
- The Santa Clause.
- The Santa Clause 2.
- The Family Stone.
- The Holiday.
- The Man Who Invented Christmas.
As you can tell, I prefer classic Christmas movies from my childhood. Every now and then, I will watch holiday movies on Lifetime and Hallmark. But I haven’t seen any of the popular Netflix originals. Whether you’re a fan of cheesy rom-com’s or classic Christmas flicks, I hope this list inspires you to have a movie marathon and spread holiday cheer.
Follow me on Pinterest and save this list for later!
What are some of your favorite holiday movies?
Let me know in the comments! I love watching Christmas movies I’ve never seen before. And the cheesier, the better!
You can also connect with me on social media.