This year has been full of ups and downs. From a pandemic to the US Presidential Election, we’ve all been through a lot of distress. However, it’s the holiday season. ‘Tis the season to be jolly! And not to mention, to be grateful. We should stop and remember that we may be more fortunate than others. Here are 23 things to be thankful for in 2020.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
23 Things to be Thankful for in 2020
- Safely sheltering with a roof over our heads.
- Staying warm with the clothes on our backs.
- Nourishing our bodies with the food on our plates.
- Grocery store employees who store, stock, and ring up our fridge and pantry essentials.
- Healthcare workers who deal with coronavirus on a daily one-on-one basis.
- Being able to study and work from the comfort of home.
- Having a consistent paycheck.
- Being able to make bills and loan payments on time.
- Saving money by going out and shopping less.
- Slowing down and reassessing our priorities.
- Learning new skills, like sewing. Mask patterns, to be specific!
- Discovering new hobbies, such as growing and maintaining plants.
- Rediscovering old hobbies such as blogging or playing an instrument.
- Homebaked goods like sourdough bread.
- Slow homecooked meals made in a crock-pot.
- Quick and easy homecooked meals made in an Instant Pot.
- Favorite local businesses who’ve stayed open, despite curfews and lockdowns.
- FaceTime calls with family and friends.
- Reconnecting with old friends online.
- Having a supportive significant other who’s there for you, no matter what.
- Fur babies who understand our emotions without having to talk.
- Binging on the latest Hulu or Netflix series with no shame, whatsoever.
- Waking up to see and celebrate a new day.
Alas, those are the things I’m thankful for in 2020. Additionally, I tried to make my list as inclusive as possible. I apologize if some of the items listed don’t apply to you. Like I said earlier, it’s the holiday season. ‘Tis the season to be jolly. Let’s all remember the things we’re fortunate to have and enjoy.
What are some things you’re thankful for this year?
Let me know in the comments! You can also connect with me on social media.