Halloween is just around the corner! With coronavirus still running rampant, 2020 has been far from normal. And neither will be this Halloween. Or the upcoming holiday season, to quite frank. But that shouldn’t stop us from taking part in holiday festivities. Whether you’re celebrating with the kiddos or your roommates, here are 27 social distancing Halloween activities to do at home.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
27 Social Distancing Halloween Activities to do at Home
- Have a scary movie marathon.
- Watch not so scary movies.
- Netflix and chill with some horror shows like American Horror Story or Ratched.
- Play board games like the classic Clue.
- Or video games and squad up with your friends online.
- Paint pumpkins.
- Carve pumpkins.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Bake pumpkin pie.
- Or you can bake pumpkin bread.
- Hide candy around the house to be found (like an Easter egg hunt).
- Make candied apples.
- Host a virtual costume contest.
- Create your own Chex Mix with candy corn.
- Have an at-home Halloween photoshoot.
- Create your own Halloween cards.
- Curate a playlist full of Halloween music.
- And have a dance party.
- Learn how to do the Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Host a dinner party… while following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, of course.
- Have a murder mystery night.
- Mix Halloween themed cocktails.
- Make mulled cider in a slow cooker.
- Or if you don’t drink alcohol, you can mix mocktails.
- Have a backyard bonfire.
- Roast some s’mores.
- Turn all the lights off and tell scary stories.
Well, that’s it for this week’s post. There are still a few days to plan for Halloween. Whether you’re celebrating alone or with loved ones, you can still have fun while staying home. And most importantly, please remember to stay safe and practice social distancing. Have a happy and safe Halloween!
How are you celebrating Halloween this year?
Let me know in the comments. You can also connect with me on social media.