Hi everyone! I hope you’re all safe in quarantine. This is my first post since California went on lockdown in mid-March. Honestly, I have so many post ideas but I’ve been struggling with the anxiety of navigating through this unprecedented time. I am still going to work every day. As anxious as that makes me, I am fortunate to still have my job in this economic crisis. Family visits and dinners have been replaced with text messages and FaceTime calls. I recently celebrated my 30th birthday in isolation. It was definitely not how I had anticipated my birthday to be. But I am thankful for all the love and well wishes I received. To celebrate my new decade of life, I am going to look back and share the important lessons I learned in my twenties. Keep reading for 20 life lessons you will learn in your 20’s.
20 Life Lessons You Will Learn in Your 20’s
- There is no certain timeline for achieving your accomplishments. So stop comparing your successes to other people. Whether you got your degree at 22 or 32, all that matters is you worked towards it.
- When dating around, don’t put all your energy and efforts into one single person until they commit to you.
- Your real friends will reveal themselves during your toughest times.
- Invest in good skincare and maintain your morning/nightly routine.
- Focus on bettering yourself and the right person will come along when you least expect it.
- Know your worth and never settle for less.
- Drink your water, eat your veggies, get your exercise, and your body will thank you.
- Failure doesn’t mean it’s the end. Instead, failure gives you another opportunity to succeed with a different strategy.
- Do not feel guilty for using your sick days and PTO when you need to disconnect from work and recharge.
- If a job or relationship costs you your happiness, leave it.
- Your feelings are valid and it’s okay to seek help.
- Cherish every moment with your loved ones. You never know if that could be your last time together.
- Pay off all debt and start investing in your future as soon as possible.
- You can’t change the past so let it go and focus on the present.
- It’s okay to say no without feeling guilty.
- Be patient. Some things take time.
- You can’t love someone until you learn to love yourself.
- There’s a difference between being alone and being lonely. Learn how to enjoy being and doing things by yourself.
- Other people’s opinions of you don’t matter. So stop trying to impress them.
- Treat others with kindness and respect, even if you don’t get along with them.
? Pin the list!
I have also converted my list of life lessons into a pinnable image! Feel free to save and share it.
Related post: 25 Things I Learned at Age 25
During my 20’s, I definitely experienced a lot of personal growth. Over the last decade, I have learned to become a more confident, self-loving woman who knows her worth. I have been dreading my 30th but I now look forward to see what the future has in store for me. Here’s to the next decade and chapter in my life!
What are some important life lessons you’ve learned over the years?
Let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to connect with me on social media.