Hello, beautiful people! I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend with loved ones. While we’re feasting on food and shopping the most anticipated sales of the year, let’s all make an effort to pause and think about what we’re thankful for. This month, I decided to take part in Day Designer’s 2018 Gratitude Challenge. As studies have shown, it takes about 21 days to form a new habit. From November 1st through November 21st, I jotted down something I was thankful for each day. After taking part in the 21 Days of Gratitude challenge, I noticed a common occurrence in what I was thankful for. Keep scrolling to find out what (or who) I’m grateful for!
21 Days of Gratitude Challenge
This year, I’m thankful for:
- Learning how to be more financially responsible and increasing my credit score.
- An old coworker who still keeps in touch with me.
- Networking with other bloggers on Twitter and Instagram.
- FaceTime calls with my boyfriend while he’s away.
- Going to bed early and getting a good night’s sleep.
- My right to vote and my freedom of expression.
- Living close to work and being able to go home for lunch.
- Quiet nights in with my boyfriend.
- Bonding with a coworker over dinner and drinks.
- Rare but much needed days off with my boyfriend.
- The veterans who fought for our freedom.
- Catching up with an old coworker over sushi.
- Supporting a cause with the purchase of a new mug from my favorite coffee company.
- My boyfriend having dinner ready when I get home from work.
- Inspirational conversations with my coworker about pursuing our passions outside of work.
- Gathering with coworkers for a harvest potluck.
- Food, festivities, and Friendsgiving with my close group of friends.
- Lazy Sundays with my boyfriend.
- Coworkers and supervisors cooperating with me to meet monthly deadlines.
- Friends who let me vent and who listen without judgment.
- Leaving work early and starting my four day weekend.
After reviewing my 21 Days of Gratitude list, I noticed a common occurrence — I was most often thankful for the people in my life. Without them, my life wouldn’t be as exciting. And after taking part in Day Designer’s 2018 Gratitude Challenge, I’ve continued to make an effort each day to tell at least one person how much I appreciate them.
What are you thankful for?
Let me know in the comments! Don’t forget to connect with me on social media.