A while ago, I received a free sample of the Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum to review. Valentia Skin Care products contain “natural and organic cosmetic ingredients that will repair and protect the skin.”
You can learn more about the brand on Instagram and Facebook. Just like the other ingredients in Valentia’s products, retinol (Vitamin A) “works at the cellular level to stop wrinkles, manage breakouts, and evens out skin discoloration.”
Sounds like a miraculous ingredient, right? I suffer from hormonal acne and redness so I was ecstatic to try and review the Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum. Keep reading to see my thoughts!
Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum
The Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum is “a transformative retinol serum that fights wrinkles and provides hydration for visibly smoother, rejuvenated skin.”
The serum also works to diminish wrinkles, stimulate collagen, improve skin tone, manage breakouts, and condition skin. To achieve these tasks, the serum contains “specially selected ingredients work together to achieve optimum results.”
- Retinol (Vitamin A): Works at the cellular level to stop winkles, manage breakouts, and evens out skin discoloration.
- Vitamin C: Guards skin against environmental free-radicals to prevent premature aging.
- Vitamin E: Provides intense hydration to diminish the drying effects of retinol.
- Squalane: Derived for pure olive oil to soften and condition delicate skin.
Pros and Cons
- Renews your skin.
- Evens out skin tone and texture.
- Helps to firm skin and elasticity, reducing wrinkles.
- Wake up with softer, smoother skin.
- Treats acne.
- Cannot be used alongside benzoyl peroxide to treat acne. According to New Beauty and other online pages, as well as dermatologists, the two ingredients counteract each other’s effects and benefits. When used together, retinol and benzoyl peroxide can cause extreme redness and dryness.
- Can cause dryness and redness.
- Makes your skin sensitive to daylight. Limit your sun exposure and don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
- Must be used continuously to see its effects. It is not a one time treatment!
Overall, I’m very satisfied with the Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum. I have used other retinol creams and serums before so I am familiar with the possible consequences of overuse. I love the benefits of retinol but try to use it sparingly because I use a face wash that contains salicylic acid. So far, it has definitely made my skin feel softer and smoother. I’m sure with continued use, it’ll treat my dark spots and scars.
If you enjoyed this product review, check out my other posts about Valentia:
- Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask Product Review
- Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer: Product Review
Have you tried any anti-aging serums or creams?
Leave a comment and let me know about your experience with anti-aging treatments! If you want to see more beauty posts and product reviews, don’t forget to like & subscribe to my blog.
You can also add me on social media to stay updated.
*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received free samples of the Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum for testing and review purposes, provided by Valentia and BrandBacker. All photographs and opinions are my own.