Recently, I was given the opportunity to work with Valentia. For this opportunity, I got to test and review the Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask. In short, the clay mask is all-natural and helps detoxifies the skin. The brand is named after the Roman Goddess of healing, Valentia, “who used berries, herbs, barks, and other natural ingredients” to treat various skin concerns.
Just like the Roman Goddess, the brand Valentia uses natural and organic ingredients to “repair and protect the skin.”
About the Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask
According to the packaging details, the Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask is “a natural kaolin and botanical based mask [that] gently removes excess dirt and oil while deeply cleansing and exfoliating the skin to reveal softer smoother skin.”
Also, the clay mask draws out impurities, improves skin tone, and reduces pore size. Not to mention, it firms and strengthens the skin.
Next, let’s discuss some key ingredients in the clay mask. Key ingredients include:
- CoQ10: Lessens the appearance of wrinkles, reduces free radical damage, stimulates healthy collagen production
- Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers: Firm and reinforce the skin, reduce the creation of new wrinkles
- Astaxanthin: Repairs collagen production; combats free radical damage; restores skin to elastic, bright, and wrinkle-free tones and textures
- Kaolin Clay: Draws out impurities; improves skin tone; tightens pores for smoother, firmer skin
- Plant Stem Cells: Soothes the skin, reduces redness, improves evenness
- Spirulina: Hydrates the skin’s surface, contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin
How to Use the Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask
To use the clay mask, “Apply generously to face avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 15-20 minutes or until the mask dries. Use a damp cloth and warm water to remove. As the mask has natural fibers, use circular motions to remove the mask, helping to slough off dead skin and exfoliate.”
Pros and Cons
- Suitable for all skin types
- Alcohol & paraben free
- Cruelty-free and vegan-friendly
- 98% natural and organic ingredients
- Made using sustainable energy
- Very smooth texture, almost watery… Maybe I’m supposed to shake the container or refrigerate it?
- A tight, tingling sensation so I know it’s deep-cleaning and shrinking my pores!
- Skin feels soft and refreshed after washing the mask off
- Pores look and feel unclogged
- 4 fl. oz. for $25 on Amazon!!
- It has an indescribable, distinct and overpowering smell… I’m not sure what it is.
Overall, I do believe the Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask provides everything it promises. The directions say to leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. But as soon as I applied the mask, I felt my skin tighten and tingle. Then, I washed it off in circular motions as directed. Instantly, my pores and skin felt tighter and detoxified. I do have large, open pores and scars due to my acne problem. But with the mask’s collagen-producing ingredients, I hope it helps tighten and smooth out my skin. For now, I will have to continue using the mask. Hopefully, it improves my skin tone and texture. Ultimately, I think it’s a great product for a decent price and I would recommend it to others!
Bonus: Discount Code for My Readers!
On May 16, Valentia is launching a new version of its website. It will be filled with awesome updates such as video reviews and personal reviews! From May 16 until June 1, Valentia is giving customers a massive discount code for their entire product line. This discount is only available on Valentia.com and not Amazon! For my readers, Valentia is offering 35% off their entire line with the discount code, “REFRESH35”.
All of Valentia’s products are vegan and cruelty-free. Their products are made with natural and organic ingredients. Not to mention, Valentia’s products are proudly made in the USA. I loved the Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask and I hope you’ll find something you love on their website!
If you enjoyed this product review, check out my other posts related to Valentia Skincare:
- Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum: Product Review
- Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer: Product Review
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to see more posts. You can also connect with me on social media.