I can’t believe I turn 26 today. Once you turn 25, you’re no longer considered a young adult. You’re just an adult. Since I’ve turned 25, I’ve done quite a bit of adulting… Or at least I’d like to think I did. I’ve also experienced a lot of personal growth. To celebrate my 26th birthday, I’m going to share with you all 25 things I learned at age 25.
25 Things I Learned at Age 25
- Do not wait until the last minute to do something.
- Do things ASAP and you’ll stress less.
- Don’t consume caffeine after 5pm.
- What you think, you become.
- The Law of Attraction is real and exists.
- Cut ties with all negative and toxic people in your life & you’ll be happier.
- When the past comes knocking, don’t answer because it has nothing new to say.
- Practicing mindfulness helps prevent overthinking and anxiety.
- Yoga is good for the body, mind, and spirit.
- Not everyone is your friend and that’s okay.
- If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen… Eventually.
- Great things take time… And lots of patience.
- Never skip a meal, especially breakfast.
- Never waste your time waiting on someone else.
- If someone wanted to be part of your life, they’d make the effort.
- It’s better to be overdressed at an event than underdressed.
- You can’t force love, friendships, or relationships with anyone.
- The only thing you’re in charge of is yourself and your reactions.
- Minimalism is great for both your aesthetics and mental wellbeing.
- You should never feel bad for saying no.
- You should never feel bad for putting yourself first.
- Write everything down or you’ll forget it.
- Start every morning with positive thoughts. It’ll set the mood for the rest of the day.
- Eight glasses of water and proper skincare are absolute daily essentials.
- Exercise is the best stress reliever.
And those are the lessons I learned at age 25!
Although those 25 points all stem from personal experiences, I wanted to keep it vague so it’s more relatable to anyone reading this. As you can see, I’ve experienced a lot of mental growth this last year. I’ve gotten a lot better at recognizing what triggers my emotions and controlling them. By practicing mindfulness, I’ve become a calmer, less stressed, and less anxious person. Going to the gym and eating clean has also helped! At the age of 25, I’ve learned to become more confident and comfortable with myself. As I turn 26, I hope I continue to experience that personal growth. Here’s to another year of mental, physical, emotional wellbeing and happiness!
What are some important life lessons you’ve recently learned?
Let me know in the comments!
You can also add me on social media to stay connected.